History of the Department of English

Department of English was one of the departments established since the University of Yangon was first set up in 1920. Previously, the Department of English shared Taungoo Hall with the Department of Myanmar. Now it is located in Marlar Hall on Pyay Road and the faculty members are carrying out the tasks of both the Department of English and the National Centre for English Language (NCEL) which was upgraded on 23 December, 2004 from the ELT Task Force formed in November, 2000.

Read More...