History of the Department of Computer Studies
The Department of Computer Studies was established in the University of Yangon, Ministry of Education (MOE) since 2004. The department offers BSc, MSc, MRes, and Ph.D courses in Computer Science. We also offer DCS and MSc in Computer Science by Online Teaching (WBTS) under arrangement from Human Resource Department of Yangon University of MOE.
The mission of the Department of Computer Studies
- Provide quality undergraduate and graduate education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science
- Train students to effectively apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems
- Provide computer science expertise through nationally and internationally.
- Provide a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on software development
- Train students for understanding of their professional, ethical responsibilities
- Support society by participating in and encouraging technology transfer
The Vision of the Department of Computer Studies
The Department of Computer Studies at the University of Yangon provides programs in computer science whose graduates are globally recognized, well-prepared industry ready professionals. We will build a strong research and teaching environment that can be utilized to the need of the real world. Through education and research, the Department of Computer Studies will give the students a competitive advantage in the ever-changing and challenging environment.
- 1 Associate Professor
- 1 Lecturer
- 6 Assistant Lecturer
- 0 Demonstrator
CURRICULUM (By Year ,1st to PhD)
Postgraduate Course: MSc(Computer Science),Online MSc(Computer Science), MRes(Computer Science), PhD (Computer Scirnce).
Diploma Course: PDCS(Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science), Online DCS(Diploma in Computer Science).
Certificate Course: -
Department Announcements / Events
Apart from regular postgraduate programmes, the Department of Computer Studies also offer human resources development programmes, WBTS(Web Based Teaching System)
- Started at 2004 August for MSc(computer Science)
- Started at 2005 April for Diploma in Computer Science.
For MSc (Computer Science)
- Post Graduated Diploma in Computer Subject for any graduate (or) Master Degree Qualifier can apply
- Must be studied 16 Modules
- Minimun period 2 years
For DCS (Diploma in Computer Scirnce)
- Any graduated person can apply
- Must be studied 8 Modules
- Minimun period 1 year